Andre Onana Claims He's Not Happy With His Form At Manchester United Amidst Several Errors

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Manchester United goalkeeper Andre Onana has claimed that he is not happy with his current form, following several errors leading to goals but he is also willing to turn things around.

During a recent interview with Sky Sports, the former Ajax shot-stopper showed his displeasure with the poor start to life at Old Trafford but also declared that he's not the worst in the world.

The Cameroonian was added to the UEFA Champions League Team of the Season in 2022/2023 following his eye-catching performances helping his former side Inter Milan to the final of the tournament.

His outstanding service in Italy drew the attention of several top European clubs before he made the move to join Manchester United during the summer in a deal worth 48 million pounds.

It was a reunion for Onana and Erik ten Hag, who had previously worked together at Ajax and looked like a suitable situation.

Since his arrival, Onana has suffered an error-strewn start to life in English football, leading to questions being asked of his future a matter of months into a five-year contract, but the 27-year-old has promised to put things right and win over those who have been quick to criticize him.

The former Ajay goalie has produced a series of high-profile errors since his move to England from Inter in the summer, but the Cameroon international claims that he will return to his best.

However, Onana has struggled in his first few months in the Premier League, something he has admitted to.

Speaking with Sky Sports ahead of Sunday's goalless draw with Liverpool, Onana acknowledged that he has performed far below expectations.

The 27-year-old disclosed that both he and his team are going through a tough time. Despite the struggles, Onana expressed complete confidence that he would turn things around.

He said; "If I have to speak about my season so far for Manchester United, I am not happy because I know I can do much much better, I've done it and I know I will do it better than what is happening now".

"We are not facing a good moment. I hope things will change as soon as possible. But listen, you want to tell me in six months the best goalkeeper in the Champions League last season can become the worst in the world? Nah".

"Everything is temporary. I know it'll be alright. If not today, it will be tomorrow, if not tomorrow, the day after tomorrow".

The former Inter Milan player is barely the first goalie to struggle with the physicality of the English Premier League, but he has not been encouraged by the inconsistent selection in Man United backlines.

Injuries and form issues have meant that the 27-year-old rarely plays behind the same backline in consecutive games.

Onana’s shot-stopping technique requires a phenomenal sense of timing and high athleticism to work at its best, but he has been lacking a little in both areas since arriving at Old Trafford.

Onana was blamed for conceding two goals in Man United’s 3-3 Champions League draw against Galatasaray last month, failing to save two free kicks from Hakim Ziyech.

He previously made errors in Man United’s 2-1 win over Brentford in October, failing to prevent Mathias Jensen’s shot from going in, and in September’s 4-3 setback against Bayern Munich, allowing a seemingly straightforward Leroy Sane effort to squeeze in underneath him.

What's next for Andre Onana

Onana is expected to miss several Man United games while on Cameroon duty for the upcoming Africa Cup of Nations, with backup Altay Bayindir set to step up in his absence.