Arsenal Superstar Bukayo Saka Reveals His Idol Between Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Arsenal superstar, Bukayo Saka has revealed his idol between Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

It is no news that the two have emerged as two of the best football players to have ever graced the beautiful game, with football lovers across the world labeling them as the Greatest Of All Time.

Their skills, ability to score goals, speed, and strength have seen them win several individual and collective trophies, which include the UEFA Champions League title and Ballon d'Or.

Although, the duo departed Europe for other Leagues last summer, their footballing prowess continues to inspire new generations to reach their pinnacle.

However, Bukayo Saka, Arsenal’s talented winger has recently shared insights into his footballing journey and revealed the identity of his idol who greatly influenced his development both on and off the pitch.

Reflecting on his admiration for a footballing legend, Saka revealed profound respect for Cristiano Ronaldo.

He said; "Personally, I can’t imagine playing for as long as Ronaldo, and that’s why I have so much respect for him".

The England International went on to emphasize the impact Ronaldo had on him during his formative years, unveiling the Portuguese captain as his idol.

He added; "Obviously when I was younger, he was my idol, but now that I’m playing football professionally, I have even more respect for him, how he’s managed to stay this disciplined and this focused and achieve everything he’s achieved, so yeah, he’s special".

The testimony of Ronaldo’s lasting legacy and his excellent dedication serves as a source of motivation for Saka as he guides his own career in the footballing world.

Saka’s statements offer a look into the level of admiration and respect he holds for a player of Ronaldo’s caliber, emphasizing the profound influence that role models can have on aspiring young stars like himself.

As Bukayo Saka proceeds to make his record at Arsenal and beyond, his appreciation for Ronaldo underlines the meaning of having mentors to look up to in the pursuit of excellence in a chosen field.

Saka’s journey, shaped by the admiration for a footballing hero, serves as a testimony to the energy of inspiration and dedication in achieving one’s goals in the world of professional football.

The 22-year-old has been an integral part of the Arsenal team this season, scoring 16 goals and dishing out 12 assists across all competitions.

What's next for Bukayo Saka?

The winger will be seen next in action when Arsenal battle Brentford in the Premier League at Emirates Stadium on Saturday, March 9, at 18:30 GMT before they lock horns against FC Porto in the UEFA Champions League round of 16-second leg tie on March 12, at 21:00 GMT.