Banky W mourns the passing of his pastor

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Hamot Yusuf

Jun 1, 2023
Lagos, Nigeria
Banky-1.jpg
Singer Banky W mourned the passing of his childhood and family Pastor. The Pastor whose name was Daniel Taiwo Odukoya once called out Banky in the middle of a prayer session when he was around 14 years old. He prayed that God uses him in a big way to inspire and bless the coming generation.

Banky W said he was among the choirs and didn't know the impact the prayer was going to have on his life. Now, he his a successful singer and man of God. He attributed his success to the prophecies made by the late Pastor.

Screenshot_20230909-104326_1.jpg
He wrote, "It happened in a night-vigil service. I couldn't have been more than about 14 or 15 years old. In the middle of an intense prayer session, Pastor Taiwo stopped, turned to my direction, pointed right at me, and said, "Banky, stand up." I rose, and I genuinely had no idea what would happen next. He proceeded to speak over my life. I don't remember the exact words he used, but it was something along the lines of saying that God would use me in a big way, way beyond our local congregation and neighborhood. He said my destiny was to be used by God nationally and even internationally. That it would be more than anything we could imagine. I had a follow-up prophetic encounter in Fountain that basically said God was going to use me, and I would end up being "more than just a singer."

Banky-W.jpg
Banky W added, "When Pastor Taiwo spoke over me, it was such a random, powerful, intimate and shocking moment that for days, my friends in church "teased" me that I was "about to blow up". At the time, I was one of the youngest in the choir, but I had never even seen the inside of a recording studio. Fast forward a couple of decades later, and here I am, living out the life God spoke about."

He continued, "Sometimes, we limit prophecy to an instantaneous kind of thing. We limit God to speaking about the next problem, the next year, or the next election. Forgetting that even though He CAN speak that way, God also speaks and works years in advance of what He's planning. Isaiah prophesied about Jesus Christ 700 years before He was born. Pastor Taiwo prophesied about my life, decades before. We may not know the reasons why life plays out the way it does, but one thing I do know is that Pastor Taiwo Odukoya was a man of God."

He also prayed that God grants the late pastor's children the fortitude to bear the loss of their beloved father.