Banky W wins PDP primaries for Eti Osa constituency

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
Apr 29, 2022
images.jpeg

Mr. Olubankole Wellington, also known as Banky W, a Nigerian celebrity, was declared the winner of the PDP primary for the Eti-Osa constituency House of Representatives ticket in the 2023 general election.

Banky W won the primary by a landslide, receiving 28 of the 31 delegates' votes.

He ran against a lawyer, Mr. Sam Aiboni, who received three votes.

According to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), the delegates included 31 PDP ad hoc members and one national delegate.Mr

Ayodele Kazeem, the Returning Officer who declared the results, described the process as peaceful and transparent.

Banky W told NAN that the election was free and fair, and that he won the election by the grace of God and the will of the people.

He thanked the party for the opportunity to represent it and thanked the people as well.

"I am overwhelmed by the support of my constituency, the people, the ward chairmen, the party leaders and chieftains."

"I feel support even from the grassroots, and I can't be happier than I am right now," he said.

Banky went on to say that he had a message, a vision, and a mandate to improve things in the constituency, and that he would do so through transparency, accountability, and service.

"The real work starts now; the primaries are just the beginning, and thankfully, we have God's grace with us; we move," he added.

According to NAN, if Rep. Babajide Obanikoro, son of former Minister of State for Defence, Sen. Musiliu Obanikoro, chooses the APC return ticket in the upcoming primaries, he will compete for the seat with Banky W. (NAN)