Bayern Munich Plots Shocking Move For Barcelona's Ronald Araujo

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Ken Ibenne

May 8, 2023
Bayern Munich are reportedly interested in signing Uruguay international Ronald Araujo from Barcelona but does not believe they can sign the defender.

9vS-A4zztNTBctIaNGXBNENurBrHB8AwUJaAvt2m44ggVBbWpOUmd1ZCwjenk7r5z_6ZUZGyTwzStvrYMsBeVyx135PtblgzzA5yB7QHkLP21Fy7sQK5SONjL5fqjs2PueHSLt1xlFJodTFI0xafXr8

Reports from Florian Plettenberg claim that Bayern manager Thomas Tuchel is a huge fan of the defender and wants to bring him to Allianz Arena.

However, there is information that Barcelona will want to sell the player though they have not stated if they want the Uruguayan to remain at the club.

Araujo has become a very important player in the Barcelona team since he made his debut and is one of the best defenders in Europe currently.

Anytime he is fit, he always features in Xavi's roster, and he has long been tipped to eventually become the captain of Barcelona.

The Uruguay international has stated in the past that he likes to play for Barcelona, and this alone might be a stumbling block for the transfer that Bayern Munich is planning for.

Earlier this year, while he was asked about the captaincy of the club, he said: “I am proud of the possibility of becoming a Barcelona captain, but it does not depend on me. We have to respect those players who have been here longer."

He went on to add: "I consider myself a natural leader, regardless of whether I wear the armband or not, and that will continue for the rest of my career. I feel important and I think that was seen last year. I have to maintain that and help the team. We have to have a better season than last year.”

Ronald Araujo is now the third in line for the captaincy at Barcelona alongside long-time serving players like Sergi Roberto and Marc Andre ter-Stegen.

Ronald Araujo​

Ronald Federico Araújo da Silva is a Uruguayan footballer who was born on 7 March 1999 and plays as a center-back or right-back for Barcelona and the Uruguay national team.

Araujo is renowned for his physicality, pace, leadership, and athleticism and he is regarded as one of the best center-backs in the world.

Araujo started his career at Rentistas from his hometown club Huracán de Rivera before joining Boston River and then Barcelona.