Bayern Munich Signs Konrad Laimer From RB Leipzig

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Adesina David

May 14, 2023
Bayern Munich have signed Austrian International Konrad Laimer on a free transfer from RB Leipzig.

Laimer penned a four-year contract with the Bavarians and he had revealed that he would be leaving the Red Bulls after their German cup triumph against Eintracht Frankfurt.

The 26-year-old has made 190 appearances for RB Leipzig since joining from pipeline club Red Bull Salzburg in 2017.

Konra Laimer is known for his tireless pressing with many football purists saying he is of N'Golo Kante's ilk.

He scored 15 goals and made 19 assists for Leipzig in addition to winning the German cup in 2022 and 2023 for the club founded on the 19th of May in 2009.

20230609_152604.jpg

The former FC Liefering midfielder has been linked with a move to the German capital for many months and he was favorite of former Bayern boss Julian Nagglesman, who was his manager at Leipzig.

The Austrian is the Bavarians first acquisition of the summer and the first big incoming since the dismissal of sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic and CEO Oliver Kahn in May.

Konrad Laimer would be joining Bayern Munich in a massive career leap and he would have to compete for a space in the line-up with other massive names.

The champions of the Bundesliga have several star-studded names in midfield including Joshua Kimmich, Leon Goretzka and fellow compatriot Marcel Sabitzer.

Speaking of his move to Bayern Munich, Laimer said: "It's a dream come true for me.

“FC Bayern is one of the biggest clubs in the world, I will give everything for the club and the fans.

“FC Bayern always has the highest goals - just like me. I'm in the right place here."

He also spoke about how he would give 100% to Bayern Munich every time he represents the club.

He said: “I'm only capable of giving 100 percent, and that's what I'll put into every training session from day one. I can hardly wait.”

Konrad Laimer is a versatile central midfielder who can also deputize at right-back.

The 26-year-old's first competitive game for Bayern Munich will most likely be against his former club, Leipzig when the two teams play in the German Supercup, scheduled for the 12th of August, 2023.

Who is Konrad Laimer and when was he born?

images - 2023-06-09T152521.912.jpeg

He is an Austrian professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for RB Leipzig and the national team of Austria.

Laimer was born on the 27th of May 1997.

When will he join Bayern Munich?

Konrad Laimer will join Bayern Munich on the 1st of July 2023.

Is Laimer in a relationship?

Yes, he is in a relationship with Ines-Sarah and they love to keep their private life away from the public.

Does Konrad Laimer have a child?

Presently, based on what we gathered, the Austrian doesn't have a child.

What is Konrad Laimer’s net worth and market value?

His net worth is estimated to be around $5 to $15 million and his market value is €28 million.

Source: https://futballnews.com/bayern-munich-signs-konrad-laimer-from-rb-leipzig/