Bernardo Silva Of Manchester City Wants A Move Back To Benfica

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Manchester City winger Bernardo Silva revealed he wants to move back to Benfica when his contract ends in 2026 at the Premier League club.

The Portuguese remain one of the most important players in the Manchester City squad, with a market valuation of €80 million.

In the latest interview done by the Five Times Premier League winner, he said, "I've never hidden that one day I want to go back, so of course I do. Now, we'll see over time what's possible, and it's not worth talking about this all the time because people get tired. Let's see."

He continued: "You can; now there are contractual issues that have to be respected, and you have to live with the reality that Portuguese football at a financial level cannot compete with English, Spanish, or even German and French clubs."

"For example, even if I wanted to go to Benfica at the moment, it was impossible because Manchester City is asking for a lot of money for a transfer for me."

"In the last four or five years, I have been a player valued at over 50 million euros, and a Portuguese club can't pay that kind of value. People have to be a little realistic."

Benfica's record signing was Enzo Fernandez, who was signed for around €44 million from River Plate in the 2022–23 season.

However, when it comes to selling out their best players to the Premier League, Benfica is capable of getting a huge transfer fee.

The Portuguese giant sold Darwin Nunez and Enzo Fernandez to Liverpool and Chelsea, respectively.

Enzo Fernandez left for Chelsea for a fee worth €121 million, and Darwin Nunez left for Liverpool for €85 million.

Football Clubs Bernardo Silva Had Joined

The midfielder started his youth career at Benfica B. On October 19, 2013, at the age of 19. He came on in the 80th minute of the match for his debut for the Benfica senior team.

On August 7, 2014, Silva joined Monaco on a one-year loan deal. The Portuguese made their debut on August 17, 2014, against Bordeaux.

On January 20, 2015, Benfica sold Silva to Monaco for a fee worth €15.75 million permanently.

On May 26, 2017, the Portuguese joined Manchester City on a five-year deal.

It was revealed that the transfer fee was undisclosed. Since then, the midfielder has been one of Pep Guardiola's favorite players.

He was heavily linked with Barcelona last season, but Pep Guardiola doesn't want him to join his former club.

Bernardo Silva stats
He had made 517 appearances, scoring 96 goals and creating 89 assists in all club competitions. The midfielder had also received 55 yellow cards and one red card.

Out of the 96 goals scored so far in his club career, 61 were for Manchester City, 28 for Monaco, and seven for Benfica B.

The Manchester City attacker had made 87 appearances for his national team, Portugal, scoring 11 goals in all competitions.