Blackface calls out Wizkid and Burna Boy for using his song without credit

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
In a recent interview with Naija FM, Nigerian artiste Blackface called out Wizkid and Burna Boy for sampling his song without giving him proper credit.

img_1689062907918.jpg

He started by saying the young ones get their inspiration from his music. He spoke on how Nigerian artistes are fond of sampling his music. He said the first person that started it was Wizkid when he sampled his sound in one of the songs on his debut album Superstar.

He said he has noticed that once he releases his songs, artistes listen to it and look for that particular line they can work with and switch it to their own.

"I no know whether na agenda but I know say this thing dey go round in a circle of friends. This friend tells this friend, this friend tells this friend and they are all doing it round. That's why you see most of them, they have to tap into my old songs. But I've told them to leave my music alone,"he said.

He said Wizkid and Burna Boy also sampled his sound in his song Ginger featuring Burna Boy. He said Ginger is a changed version of his song Twist and Turn.

He said, "The rhythm, the beat, how the melody start and ends. Na only the verses dem change."

When asked if he has reached out to them on why they used his sounds, he said, "To me, it is better to meet them one on one and for us to discuss. I know they're trying to come out but if you get inspiration from my song, talk to me about it. I go give you permission."

"It is better for me and you to have that discussion than for me talking that I want to take you to court." He added.

See video here:

Video credit: Twitter @OneJoblessBoy