Brahim Diaz Subbed Off With Possible Injury After Scoring Incredible Goal For Real Madrid In The Champions League

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Brahim Diaz was subbed off with an injury after helping Real Madrid secure a victory over RB Leipzig in the UEFA Champions League on Tuesday, February 13.

The former AC Milan player was the matchwinner as Real Madrid continued their dominance with a slender victory over the German-based club side in the first leg of their Champions League round 16 clash.

However, it was goalkeeper Andriy Lunin that proved to be the real hero, as he made nine saves on his way to a well-earned clean sheet.

Brahim talked to the media after the match and described his winning goal, which has been termed to be a Messi-esque by many observers.

He said; "I get the ball, I make the first feint, I see that they are afraid to go in for the tackle, they retreat a lot… And that’s where I put it in the top corner. I saw Vini and wanted to give it to him, I hesitated, but I ended up shooting. It was a nice goal".

Brahim Diaz was forced off towards the end of the match after he was noticed suffering a calf injury. Thereafter, the 24-year-old Malaga-born player provided an update on the condition.

He said; "Honestly, right now I don’t know, I’m not going to lie to you. I’ve noticed a blow and I don’t know if the soleus went up or what happened. I guess tomorrow I’ll get tested and hope that it won’t be anything".

Following his mazy solo run to score Real Madrid's winning goal, Brahim Diaz celebrated by jogging to the sideline and spreading his hands wide open, emulating the trademark celebration of his injured teammate, Jude Bellingham, whom he had replaced in the starting lineup.

Reacting to the celebration Bellingham wrote on X (formerly Twitter) "Oh my god, Brahim!!!".

Bellingham is undoubtedly one of the best players this season after joining Real Madrid from Borussia Dortmund.

He couldn’t participate in the match after spraining his ankle in a Spanish La Liga game against Girona on Saturday, February 10.

The England international has 20 goals in 29 games across all competitions this season, including four goals, and three assists, in five Champions League games. He is predicted to be sidelined for two to three weeks.

Brahim Diaz appears to be the latest Real Madrid player to have suffered a setback due to injury with the likes of Jude Bellingham (ankle), Antonio Rudiger (thigh), Eder Militao (ACL), David Alaba (ACL), Thibaut Courtois (ACL) remain on the sideline.

However, the Spanish powerhouse will desperately hope that Brahim is okay, especially considering that he is a better replacement for Jude Bellingham, who is currently working on his recovery as the injury crises continue to build up for Carlo Ancelotti.

What's next for Real Madrid?

The 14-time UEFA Champions League winners will be seen next in action when they lock horns against Rayo Vallecano in La Liga on Sunday, February 18.