Brazilian star Claims He'd Like To Play Alongside Kylian Mbappe At Real Madrid

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Brazilian star, Rodrygo has claimed that he would love to play alongside French International player Kylian Mbappe at Real Madrid.

What happened?

It is no news that Mbappe remains Real Madrid's main target in 2024 as part of a long-running pursuit of the France national team captain.

The Spanish club side were infamously rejected by Mbappe in the summer of 2022, as he opted to sign a contract extension with Paris Saints Germain, but the situation has now changed.

The former AS Monaco looks certain to decline the chance to activate a 12-month extension in PSG with Real Madrid already tabling an offer.

Should he desire to leave PSG, the 24-year-old contract with the French Ligue 1 club is due to expire at the end of the season, therefore, he'll be able to join the Spanish powerhouse on a free transfer.

When asked about Mbappe's potential move to Real Madrid, Rodrygo expressed his desire to play along with the 2018 FIFA World Cup winner.

Rodrygo was speaking after Real Madrid's convincing 4-0 victory over title rivals Girona with the win giving Carlo Ancelotti's side a five-point lead at the top of the La Liga table.

"I would love for Mbappe to come, he admitted, I always want to play with the best players and he is one of the best in the world. I can’t talk much about him. He is a PSG player and I have to respect him".

The attacker was asked if the possible arrival of the French talent would cause the level of competition in attack to rise.

He not only admitted so but insisted that such a proposition actually motivates him, he further said; "That’s good because it shows that this team will be stronger every day".

Rodrygo, 23, is arguably the closest player to Mbappe in the Real Madrid present squad. Back in August 2023, he posted a picture of himself posing alongside Mbappe at a party.

Kylian Mbappe has once again been heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid over the past weeks and months, with several reports saying that the player has already decided to join the Spanish giant, and his deal would be a huge financial package.

What's next?

Real Madrid are still actively pursuing Mbappe but his arrival remains complicated for numerous reasons that have been well-documented.

Last edited: