Burna Boy inspired me to change my name - BNXN

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Singer BNXN formerly known as Buju is on the latest issue of Teen Vogue's magazine, Africa's New Wave alongside his counterparts, Ayra Starr and Victony.

TV_July2023-AfricasNewWave_20.png

In this interview, BNXN lets us into his world of music and his relationship with Burna Boy.

TV_July2023-AfricasNewWave_BNXN_06.jpg

While speaking to Teen Vogue, he mentioned how Burna Boy inspired him to change his stage name from Buju to BNXN. He named himself Buju after singer Buju Banton but was usually mistaken for him.

TV_July2023-AfricasNewWave_BNXN_02.jpg

It went on until when Burna told him one night at the club, 'I feel like you need to make a standpoint of that name', that he realized he needed to change his stage name.

He revealed that Burna Boy has always been an inspiration to him in his musical career. He also talked about his early years in the industry when he got Burna Boy to feature in his single Lenu in 2020, also revealing that he stayed with Burna Boy during the early days of the pandemic. Therefore, being with Burna Boy made him understand his personality better.

TV_July2023-AfricasNewWave_BNXN_08.jpg

He said, "Understanding his person was a whole experience, especially watching him record the Grammy-winning album, Twice As Tall.

There's a whole lot I got to understand and experience. He's a beast. He's someone who's so focused, especially when it comes to the craft itself."

TV_July2023Cover_AfricasNewWave_BNXN-Cover.jpg