Cannabis shows promise blocking coronavirus infection:

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Godspower

Apr 21, 2020
A combination of compounds found in cannabis showed the potential to treat or even prevent coronavirus infections in human lung cells, according to recently published research. The study, “In Vitro Evaluation of the Activity of Terpenes and Cannabidiol against Human Coronavirus E229,” was

The research studied the antiviral action of a proprietary formula of terpenes, which are natural volatile compounds found in many plants including cannabis. The formulation, known as NT-VRL, is a combination of 30 terpenes including beta-caryophyllene, eucalyptol and citral developed by cannabis technology company Eybna.

Additional research was conducted by Eybna and pre-clinical contract research organization Pharmaseed to evaluate the antiviral properties of NT-VRL with and without CBD against the human coronavirus strain HCoV-229E. Although not the strain of coronavirus that causes Covid-19 (SARS-CoV-2), the less virulent HCoV-229E is associated with various respiratory illnesses ranging from the common cold to severe pneumonia and is considered a good alternative for preliminary research.

The antiviral action of NT-VRL was determined by treating uninfected lung cells with the substances researched in the study. In addition to NT-VTRL and CBD, pyrazofurin, a natural antiviral that has shown effectiveness against SARS-related coronaviruses, was used as a positive control. Glycyrrhizin, a compound that has been used to successfully treat SARS patients, was used as a second positive control. The therapeutic activity of the compounds was evaluated in terms of the cytopathic effect observed under an inverted

source - Forbes

Total Nigeria Plc (TOTAL: NGSE) released its FY’19 audited results alongside its Q1’20 unaudited numbers. The FY’19 audited filing was largely in line with the earlier unaudited release in January – which revealed a 71.4% YoY moderation in EPS to N6.71/share. The firm consequently announced a dividend of N6.71/share (6.5% div. yield as at close price).
In the Q1’20 results, TOTAL reported a N 163.2 million loss after tax, weighed by the 9.3% YoY revenue decline during the period. Below are the key highlights from the Q1’20 numbers:
Q1’20 sales moderated by 9.3% YoY to N70.2 billion, owing to weakened sales from the Petroleum Products (-10.7% YoY) segment. Lubricants (-2.7% YoY) sales similarly printed marginally lower to N13.1 billion.
In our view, the increased retail expansion from competitors, combined with the activation of social distancing measures within the country due to the COVID-19 outbreak in March led to the drawback in sales. For context, sales to service stations and aviation customers fell by 9.7% YoY and 39.5% YoY respectively.
The corporate customer’s section, however, rose by 3.7% YoY as major companies continued normal operating hours till the President’s mandatory lockdown order at the end March of 2020
Gross profit margin improved by 50 bps to 11.0% during the first quarter, aided by the weakness in crude oil prices following the brief trade fallout between two of the biggest oil producers Saudi Arabia and Russia

Last edited by a moderator:

TrevorMathis

Aug 23, 2020
England London
Pretty interesting thread, I have heard such information recently, but I don't know how true is that. What I know, is that because of this COVID19 pandemic threat, a lot of stores and a lot of places where you could get some marijuana were closed, and it is not the best news for the consumers. Well, happily there are different delivery companies that are ready to help you with getting marijuana. Even it can be a bit harder for the first time to order, you will understand how it works, and you won't have any problems with delivery services in the future. You can find more here

shawresse

Jun 19, 2021
I really dont know what to say about it! But I have some relatives who said cannabis offers some help for patients against the virus. Of course, cannabis does not guarantee getting rid of covid, but it is a natural remedy that in some cases helps. I searched for information and found on the one that cannabis can fight Covid 19. A relative told me that she knew someone who had covid but used cannabis in different ways and went through the virus more easily, but honestly I think we have to go to the hands of the doctors because it is a serious thing.

Adewale Stock

Administrator
Apr 15, 2020
A combination of compounds found in cannabis showed the potential to treat or even prevent coronavirus infections in human lung cells, according to recently published research. The study, “In Vitro Evaluation of the Activity of Terpenes and Cannabidiol against Human Coronavirus E229,” was by the peer-reviewed journal Life on March 29.

The research studied the antiviral action of a proprietary formula of terpenes, which are natural volatile compounds found in many plants including cannabis. The formulation, known as NT-VRL, is a combination of 30 terpenes including beta-caryophyllene, eucalyptol and citral developed by cannabis technology company Eybna.

Last edited: