Carlo Ancelotti Claims Innocence Over Tax Fraud Allegations

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Adesina David

May 14, 2023
Carlo Ancelotti has stated that he is innocent of the tax fraud allegations leveled against him.

Reports emanated on Wednesday, March 6, 2024, that the Prosecutors' office in Spain is seeking a five-year jail term for the Italian tactician.

Ancelotti is apparently facing two charges of having defrauded the Treasury of above €1 million.

This occurred between 2014 and 2015 during Carlo Ancelotti’s first stint at the Madrid-based club.

Based on reports from Relovo, the issue stems from the former Bayern Munich boss only including remuneration from his job as Madrid gaffer in his tax return.

Ancelotti allegedly did not include income from image rights and the amount that was said to have been excluded was about €386,361 in 2014 and €675,718 in 2015.

However, speaking in a presser after watching his side book their place in the quarter-finals, Carlo Ancelotti claimed that he is innocent of the widespread allegations leveled against him.

The 64-year-old said: “It's an old story that started eight years ago”.

“The Prosecutor's Office thinks that I was a resident and I was not. I have already paid the fine. I’m innocent”.

The ex-Chelsea boss watched Real Madrid progress into the next round in a herculean fashion, after playing out a 1-1 draw with RB Leipzig at the Santiago Bernabeu.

Vinicius Jr scored the lone goal for Los Blancos in the 65th minute, with a swashbuckling effort that found the top-left corner.

Three minutes later, Willi Orban restored parity for the Red Bulls, with the Hungarian powering a brilliant header into the bottom-right corner.

Los Blancos had to battle hard to book their place in the next round, as they were put through a grueling test by Marco Rose's side.

Jude Bellingham, who has been suspended for two matches by the Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) disciplinary committee started at the false 9 position and he was impressive.

He will be unavailable for two subsequent La Liga matches, against Celta Vigo and Osasuna on March 10, 2024, and March 16, 2024, respectively.

Speaking ahead of the game at the Bernabeu, Carlo Ancelotti said that the two-game suspension handed to Bellingham will be appealed.

He said: “We will appeal the two-game sanction to Bellingham. It seems unfair to us”.

Meanwhile, the party involved in the punishment, Jude Bellingham, has also spoken on the suspension, saying:

“Suspension? I don't think I said anything offensive, I didn't say anything different from what my teammates said”.

“If I have to miss the games, I accept it and I will support the team from the stands”.

Real Madrid are aiming to win the double this campaign, as they are the odds-on favorite to win La Liga, and they are also through to the quarter-final of the UEFA Champions League.