Carlo Ancelotti Reveals That Relationship With SAF Made Him Turn Down United's New Offer

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Ken Ibenne

May 8, 2023
Carlo Ancelotti has taken out time to explain himself and the reason why he turned down a move to Manchester United amid a fresh offer.

5CiE-hqfwri8cMSvRXzTfZHGl7NApPtr3QZ0K7-2BYgFdfBUAqZV4tQC5oDWXg0IIYUIkPda-rl9H6pGuOWL9C1CWpAYWyCWYP6rgJcczlIRqnVmkQhopLMSUTrNHwPnPhtuKs1kdREV-zVp2qW1kYI

Recall that we reported Ancelotti received an offer from a Premier League club who are looking for a coach next season.

Juan Castano, a Spanish journalist, stated on the radio program Tiempo de Juego on Cope that United was the club in question.

After three years in command, Ancelotti's contract is about to expire at the end of the 23–24 season, and there are rumors that he may leave Real Madrid.

The Italian has been connected to the Brazil national squad in addition to United but Ancelotti has already explained why he turned down a transfer to Old Trafford.

He acknowledged that he had received an offer to join United before Sir Alex Ferguson retired.

Speaking in an interview, Ancelotti said: “You want to know from me [about coaching at Man Utd]?!"

“I can say that I still keep a fantastic relationship with Sir Alex, and we met when he decided to stop (retire).”

Ancelotti added: “But I was close to Real Madrid, and so I appreciate the fact that at that time he talked to me. And that’s it, no other opportunity [to manage United].”

Ancelotti was in the past asked if former Liverpool midfielder and current Bayer Leverkusen boss Xabi Alonso could become his successor.

He responded by saying: “Xabi Alonso? He can be a future Real Madrid manager, without a doubt. He can do this job; he has all the qualities to be a good manager.”

“I like him and how he coaches his team. He's one of the managers I like the most.”

Carlo Ancelotti​

Carlo Ancelotti Cavaliere OMRI, Ufficiale OSI is an Italian football manager and former player who was born on 10 June 1959 and is the manager of Real Madrid.

tNDydYfDdh6a-IIntNQF8EIKsJB4MWo4MnjhNpHUof8_WKeBH_0VwQYKCc3bo4AvCcsKsmomaLQGc3_GPnT4emS0UO13EWVk_VaSOGoTKVS9her1dCiVzzbxApidRXXWhduyovvbwvMKmBclIG2BKl8

The Italian is nicknamed "Don Carlo", and he is regarded as one of the greatest managers of all time.

Ancelotti is the most decorated manager in UEFA Champions League history, having won the trophy a record four times as coach (twice with AC Milan and twice with Real Madrid).

He is also the first and only one to have managed teams in five Champions League finals.

He has won the FIFA Club World Cup a joint-record three times, and is also the manager with the joint-most UEFA Super Cup triumphs, having won the trophy on four occasions, while managing Milan and Real Madrid.