Check Out Liverpool's Wide Dressing Room Celebration After Beating Chelsea In The Carabao Cup Final [Video]

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Liverpool wildly celebrated their Carabao Cup victory in the dressing room after they defeated Chelsea courtesy of Virgil van Dijk's goal.

After a regular time draw affair at the back of several chances but largely without goals, Van Dijk netted a header deep into extra-time to secure victory at Wembley on Sunday, February 25.

The trophy marked the Dutch defender's first since being handed the captain armband following Jordan Henderson's departure and he wasted no time in leading the celebrations after the final whistle.

A video posted on Liverpool's social media showed Van Dijk leading the celebrations inside the dressing room to a chorus of Calvin Harris and Dua Lipa's 2018 hit "One Kiss".

The song has become an anthem for the club and Harris was invited to conduct a DJ set during Liverpool's open top bus trophy parade after their FA and Carabao Cup double in the 2022 campaign.

The result saw Chelsea, branded "billion-pound bottle jobs" by pundit Gary Neville, after losing their sixth straight domestic cup final.

But while the two-time European champions underwent more heartbreak, Liverpool were busy partying inside the dressing room.

Having raised the Carabao Cup and paraded it around the pitch, Van Dijk and Co headed inside for a knees-up.

The said Dua Lipa tune is well-known with the Reds after becoming the soundtrack to their 2019 Champions League triumph over Tottenham.

In 2018, Lipa performed the song ahead of Liverpool’s loss to Real Madrid in the final.
The Reds supporters welcomed it as their own despite the 2018 setback, while Liverpool’s players also truly love it.

They danced and sang along as the champagne began to flow.

How the Reds fans reacted to Liverpool's wide dressing room celebration.

A fan was quick to react, he said: "Wild atmosphere".

Another claimed: "Proper that".

One said: "Fit and ready to face Southampton on Wednesday".

Another added: "What a moment".

Speaking after the victory, Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp said: "I was told there was an English phrase that you don’t win trophies with kids"!

"In my more than 20 years, it is easily the most special trophy I have ever won. It is absolutely exceptional".

"I was proud of everybody involved, I was proud of our people for the way they pushed us, I was proud of the staff for creating this kind of atmosphere surrounding where these boys can do what they are best at, I was proud of our academy, my coaches, so many things".

"It has nothing to do with it maybe being my last game at Wembley. It is about how everybody contributed, seeing the faces of the kids after the game".

"Can you create football stories that definitely nobody will ever forget? It’s so difficult".

He added; "If you find the same story with academy kids coming on against a top, top side and still winning? I don’t know (if you can)".

What's next?

The Reds will be seen next in action as they continue their FA Cup campaign when they face Championship side Southampton on Wednesday, February 28.

Liverpool also remains in pursuit of continental success in the Europa League, despite missing out on Champions League qualification last season.

After qualifying first from Group E, the Reds will face Sparta Prague in March in search of a place in the last eight.

In addition, Liverpool remain top of the Premier League, though Manchester City did close the gap to just one point with their victory over Bournemouth on Saturday, February 24.