Children below age 11 will no longer be allowed to write common entrance exams – FG

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
The Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Education, Andrew Adejoh, made it known on Saturday, 3rd June that school children below the age of 11 will no longer be allowed to write common entrance examinations.

According to Adejoh while monitoring the 2023 common entrance exams, he observed that there were boys and girls around the ages of 9 who were accepted to write the exams. He stated that such children are too young and that education is not about passing exams but also about teaching, learning, and character formation.

He said, “This year, I have advice for parents, and I beg you, take this advice to any single home you know. We are killing our children by allowing underage children to write the Common Entrance Examination.”

“I beg the parents, let these children do the exams when they should. We don’t get value by pushing our child too far. Most of the time, if a child starts too early, he or she will have problems later in life.”

He also added that the common entrance registration process may take a new turn by asking candidates to tender their birth certificates for confirmation of ages. Therefore, he urged parents to make wise and not hasty decisions towards their children's future.