Christians from every other denomination will bow before you, Pastor Adeboye sparks reactions to prayer point

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Hamot Yusuf

Jun 1, 2023
Lagos, Nigeria

Christians from every other denomination will bow before you, Pastor Adeboye sparks reactions to prayer point​

E.A-Adeboye-e1516637825513.jpeg

Once again, Pastor Adeboye has stirred controversy in the media over his prayer point during a Sunday service. While the congregation was in high spirits, Pastor Adeboye prayed that every other Christian would bow before his church members, and everywhere echoed with amen. Quoting verbatim, he said, "I decree in the name that is above other names, Christians from every other denomination will bow before you."

This prayer point has sparked tons of reactions in the media with many hurling disrespectful words toward Pastor Adeboye. Some even sarcastically blamed old age and dementia as the reasons for the Pastor's utterances. Below are a selected few of the reactions.

@nene_george: Religion is the opium of the masses. Just anything foolish and still watch them say amen. Na this kind talk Dem take collect una tithe and offering
@dollarchris_: Una Sha don't want us to believe in Christianity anymore
@am_walington: Baba don dey old. Make he step down for another person
@ojay_52: This our daddy G.O don need rest
@effedeborah: Might be that he has dementia. He really needs to retire
@dr_buchi: Religion is gradually exposing itself t be a crime
@ben_decork: Dollar still dey rise. Una dey find people wey go bow. Dey play my fans
==

Last edited:

MalakSmurf

Feb 7, 2024
Controversial moments can be challenging. It's essential to consider the context and intent behind statements. Sometimes, messages might be misunderstood or taken out of context. Let's hope for open dialogue and understanding to bridge any gaps. Have you encountered similar situations in your faith community? While I'm here, I'm looking for a gift for my mother's birthday, she's a Christian. I checked out christianwalls.com, and now I want to buy her a Bible verse art for the wall. Do you have any recommendations on the verse? Thanks!