Cole Palmer Reveals Club He Is a Lifelong Supporter Of A Popular English Club

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Adesina David

May 14, 2023
Cole Palmer has made an interesting revelation into the club he has been supporting right from his childhood.

Palmer has made it known to all and sundry that he has been a lifelong Manchester United fan, who grew up idolizing English great Wayne Rooney.

Cole Palmer has been remarkable for Chelsea since joining the club from Manchester City on September 1, 2023, for a fee of €47 million.

20231114_195848.jpg

The 21-year-old has made 11 appearances for the Blues, scoring 4 goals and providing 4 assists across all competitions.

He was on target for Chelsea in their 4-4 enthralling draw with Premier League champions Manchester City.

Palmer, who hails from Wythenshawe in Manchester, has acknowledged that despite being groomed via the academy of the Cityzens, he was a big fan of Manchester United.

Cole Palmer expressed that he was really engrossed in watching football whilst growing up, and his football hero is Rooney.

The 21-year-old said: “What a player. When I was growing up I used to watch all the football and the one that sticks in my mind is Rooney.

“Ever since I was a little kid he has been my footballing hero.”

Cole Palmer could feature for England in their upcoming 2024 European Championships qualification encounters against Malta and North Macedonia on November 17 and 20 respectively.

Palmer will be looking to impress manager Gareth Southgate if he gets a chance to play in both matches or either of the two games.

His football hero, Wayne Rooney, made 130 appearances for England, scoring 53 goals and he is the second all-time top scorer of the Three Lions.

Cole Palmer in July 2023 was part of England's Under-21 squad that defeated Spain to win the European Championships.

He was still a player of Manchester City then, with the burning desire to get game time under his belt.

However, with his desires looking almost impossible at the Etihad, he opted to move to Chelsea, to get more playing time.

The arrival of Jeremy Doku to Manchester City in the 2023 summer transfer window also appeared to have been a defining factor to him leaving City.

Palmer can function as a No 10 or on either flank and Manchester City supporters were hoping that he could persist and wait to fight for his space in the starting XI of the club like Phil Foden.

Foden was also selected in England's squad for their upcoming international matches, due to his impressive showing in matches for the Cityzens.

Cole Palmer also had his say on Phil Foden's patience at Manchester City and he said that one can be inspired by that.

However, he also insisted that not everyone is the same and everyone has their different paths to follow.

Palmer said: “You can take inspiration from that — but not everyone is the same.

“People have different paths. City’s thing is not to let you go out on loan, which I respect.

“That’s the thing that they do, try to keep you around the first team and learn from the best players. I need a run of games.”

Reports indicate that Cole Palmer's move to Chelsea went through smoothly due to Mateo Kovacic's initial move from Stamford Bridge to Manchester City.

20231114_195826.jpg

Palmer's instantaneous impact at Chelsea has been attributed to his friendship with Raheem Sterling, who joined the Blues from the Etihad on July 13, 2022, for a fee of €56 million.

Cole Palmer in a recent interview termed Sterling to be a “big brother”, and that is believed to be as a result of the pair knowing each other from their days at Manchester City.

Palmer made 41 appearances for the Cityzens, scoring 6 goals and providing 2 assists in all competitions.