Cole Palmer's Hilarious Response To Connor Gallagher's Reaction Over His Maiden England Call-up

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Adesina David

May 14, 2023
Chelsea supporters have branded Cole Palmer as “the funniest guy alive” after a teammate was shocked at seeing him amongst the players selected for international duty with England.

Palmer recently scored a late penalty to salvage a draw for his club in a 4-4 draw with Manchester City on Sunday, November 12, 2023.

Cole Palmer has made 11 appearances for Chelsea, scoring 4 goals and providing 4 assists in all competitions.

The 21-year-old joined the Stamford Bridge club on September 1, 2023, for a fee of €47 million and penned a seven-year deal that runs until 2030.

20231114_195848.jpg

His impressive showing for Chelsea caught the eye of Gareth Southgate and the England boss has rewarded the youngster with a first call-up to the national team of England.

Palmer will be hoping that he gets the chance to make his debut for the Three Lions on Friday, November 17, 2023, in a 2024 Euro qualifier against Malta.

England also face North Macedonia on November 20, 2023, and if Cole Palmer doesn't get the chance against Malta, an opportunity could suffice with this game.

The former Manchester City man met up with the remainder of the players called up for the Three Lions as they kick-start their preparation for the upcoming games.

A now-viral video shared by England on their social media account showed Palmer greeting Chelsea teammate Connor Gallagher.

However, it appeared like Gallagher was stunned to see his club teammate also being among the players selected by Gareth Southgate for England's upcoming international matches.

Connor Gallagher said: “Congrats to you, didn’t realize you’d been called up.”

Cole Palmer then gave a hilarious response whilst walking away and smiling: “Yeah, right after the game it was…I thought it was a blag at first. I swear. It looked real so...”

The video was captioned with the words of Palmer: “I thought it was a blag at first!” alongside the words which read: “Definitely real, Cole ”

Teammate Connor Gallagher has made 10 appearances for England, scoring no goal and providing 1 assist across all competitions.

Meanwhile, Cole Palmer was amongst the Young Lions squad that defeated Spain to win the Euro U-21 tournament on July 8, 2023.

20231115_162528.jpg

Several netizens also reacted to the post shared by England on their socials, with one fan writing: “This guy is hilarious”

Another fan wrote: “Can’t wait to see both getting capped. There is a new breed of player coming through, technically, fit and courageous. The current crop would make mincemeat of the so-called ‘golden generation.”

One fan also wrote: “My fav player right now”

The Three Lions sit at the summit of their qualification group, Group C, with 16 points from 6 matches, winning 5 and drawing 1.