Dani Alves's Estranged Wife Mistakenly Reveals A Later The Ex Barca Player Wrote To Her From Prison

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Dani Alves' estranged wife Joana Sanz accidentally shared a letter the former FC Barcelona footballer wrote to her from prison, before instantly deleting the social media post.

What happened?

The former Juventus defender bagged four and a half years in jail on Thursday, February 22, after being found guilty of assaulting a lady in a nightclub toilet in Barcelona in December 2022.

According to reports, the 40-year-old appeared to write a letter to his former lover (Joana Sanz) asking for forgiveness while awaiting trial.

In the said letter revealed on social media before being taken down immediately, Alves asked for Sanz's forgiveness and indicated gratitude for her resilience. Alves also professed his enduring love for Sanz and praised her strength during the scandal.

Alves and his ex-wife Joana went separate ways in 2023 and the lovers remained in contact during his time on remand.

Amongst the content of the letter, Alves claimed he wants to revive their relationship and plan a future together.

In the letter, which was later deleted on Joana's Instagram page, Alves wrote; "What I dreamed of and what I continue to dream of. I want to take all the paths with you. I didn't have the wrong woman, yes, it was you".

"There is not a single day, not a single moment, not a single plan in which you are not there. I pray every day for the day to come that I can see you wake up".

He added; "Nostalgia is not about not being able to do it now. Wherever, whatever, whatever, but with you always by my side. I feel strange feelings. I love you".

Alves initially refuted sexually assaulting the woman on December 31, 2022, but his pleas were rejected.

After an outstanding playing career, representing Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain, Sevilla, and Brazil, the right-back's legacy has been harmed beyond expectation.

In Spain, a rape claim is investigated under the accusation of sexual assault and convictions can lead to four to 15 years in prison.

What's next for Dani Alves?

The 40-year-old's lawyer had asked for his pardon and said she would appeal against the decision, with the prosecution pushing for a nine-year jail term.

According to Spanish outlets, the former Brazilian footballer also has to pay the victim 128,500 pounds in damages, which is thought to have reduced his punishment.

Despite the sentence delivered by the court to Alves, he could be released early, due to already serving a portion of his sentence, after handing himself to authorities in January 2023.

He could be qualified for partial release this summer, with a full release in January 2026, if he has completed three-quarters of his sentence, and shown a good attitude in prison.