Davido donates over N200m to less privileged through The David Adeleke Foundation

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Singer Davido has donated over 200 million Naira to the less privileged through this foundation, The David Adeleke Foundation.

Screenshot_20230720-213209_1.jpg

Recall that in November 2021, Davido was gifted over N200 million naira by his colleagues and friends in the industry as part of his birthday celebration. Apparently, Davido put out a video message online asking his friends to send money to him which they did.

Davido got over 200 million naira in just a few days. A week later, he announced that he will be donating all the money to orphanages and the less privileged.

Screenshot_20230720-213123_1.jpg

He hasn't fulfilled his promise since 2021 and this has sparked controversies online from different people, most especially the popular Daniel Regha who still called out Davido recently asking him to pay up what he owes.

Yesterday, Davido released a statement via his Instagram page announcing that he has donated a sum of N237 million to a total of 434 orphanages in Nigeria. Over 13,000 children are expected to benefit from this donation.

He talked about how the previous donations from his birthday in 2021 left an indelible mark in his heart, giving him the commitment he needed to contribute to the society.

He mentioned that he has always wanted to use his platform to give to others and through generosity, he has been able to do that.

Screenshot_20230720-213315_1.jpg

"I've always wanted to use my platform to serve others. Thankful that through your generosity, I've been able to do so. We recently disbursed over N200m to several orphanages in Nigeria, a tradition that started a few years ago around my birthday.

Thank you to everyone who donated. With your help, we are changing lives. This is what I mean when I say we rise by lifting others. These are words in action. God bless you all!", He said.

20230720_210711.jpg