Dickson wins ticket for Bayelsa

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
Apr 29, 2022
images (21).jpeg

Dickson received 57 votes to defeat his only opponent, Hon. Donald Daunemigha, who received three votes.

Mr. Ake Godspower, the Returning Officer for the Bayelsa West Senatorial District, announced that the aspirant with the most votes (Dickson) was declared the winner after 62 ad hoc delegates from Sagbama and Ekeremor Local Government Areas participated in the exercise.

Senator Seriake Dickson, in his victory speech, Senator Seriake Dickson urged the party's leadership to take note of what he described as a "very extreme and rare development" in which party leaders and elected officials are not involved in decision-making.

"I urge party leadership at the national level to direct and enjoin party leaders in all states to unfold a program of reconciliation to persuade the feelings of those who have been hurt by the decision that ordinary members of our party at the grassroot have to make about their fate, which has never happened before, and we understand why," he said.

"I thank our party's leaders in the state, from the governor to others, as well as the support and solidarity I've received from the good people of this Senatorial District and the elders who have stood solidly behind us."