Erik ten Hails Antony For Stellar Performance Against Liverpool in FA Cup

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has backed Antony to come out stronger with his Man United career after recent setbacks.

Speaking after Manchester United defeated Liverpool to qualify for the FA Cup last four, Erik ten Hag said Antony's performance against Liverpool was brilliant and that the player is beginning to gain back his confidence.

The Dutch added that he saw an ''Antony he worked with at Ajax" in the game against Liverpool and is hoping to have him maintain the top-level performance in the coming weeks.

"It's very important for him. He struggled so much. First part, he was not himself, he's responsible for that.

'And then he lost confidence, and now he has to fight back. We see through the last two weeks, he's returning.

'I see in training, I see the Antony I was used to work with at Ajax, and also used to work in the first weeks here.

'He has to fight back, and I'm sure he will do, because you've seen that goal.

Manchester United were trailing Liverpool 2-1 before Antony scored a late equaliser in the 87th minute to drag the game into extra time where United finally won.

The goal was his first this season. The £85m signing from Ajax has faced a heavy backlash for his underwhelming performance for United.

In his debut season for Manchester United, Antony got off the mark, scoring in his first three Premier League games for Manchester United.

This season, he had no goal or assist before the Liverpool match. He was down Erik ten Hag's pecking order but will hope to return to regular footballing action as he gets back to gears with his Old Trafford carer.