Erling Haaland Leaves Option Open On Manchester City Future

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Despite a recent setback, Erling Haaland is still at the peak of his game at Manchester City but rumors has been swirling around on his Manchester City future.

Haaland has contract with Manchester City until 2027, having signed a five-year contract after joining the club in 2022 from Borussia Dortmund.

In a recent interview, Haaland waved off questions on his Manchester City and his readiness to pen down a new contract with the club.

When asked whether he is in talks with Manchester City for a new deal, he said;

"My focus mainly now is on the pitch. There are a lot of games. Two days ago there was the Manchester derby, now it is the Champions League and then on Sunday against Liverpool. I think I should focus on that, I don't think I should focus on anything else at the moment."

Despite evading the grill on a potential new contract with City, Haaland refused to rule on his Manchester City future although he admitted he was happy at the club.

"I'm really happy, especially with the people that I'm surrounded by. The manager, the directors, the board are a group of amazing people and I'm really happy," Haaland told reporters at a press conference on Tuesday ahead of Man City's Champions League last-16 second-leg tie with Copenhagen.

"If I say this now, it is probably going to be a massive headline... tomorrow you never know what the future brings, but I'm happy and you can write this but you also have to write everything I said right before," he said.

The Norwegian is yet to round up a full two season with Manchester City but has been continuously linked with a move to Real Madrid.

It is understood Manchester City are making efforts to tie the footballing sensation to a new contract with improved terms to deter interests from big-pocket rivals like Real Madrid.

Haaland has scored 28 goals in 31 appearances for Manchester City this season across all competitions. His total tally for the Cityzens is 80 goals in 84 games.