FG assures Nigerians of constant electricity supply

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Bayo_adelabu_profile_picture-1071x570.jpg

The Federal government has assured Nigerians that irregular power supply will soon be a thing of the past because actionable steps are being taken to develop the sector.

The Minister of Power, Adebayo Adelabu said this during the inspection of Ihovbor power plants in Edo State on Friday, 23rd February 2024. Adelabu said the issues militating against the sector such as shortage of gas and weak power grids will soon be contained as there are plans underway with the support of the Federal government. He hinted that the president has taken action on the outstanding debts from the previous administration with the collaboration of the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Budget and Economic Planning.

"As I have mentioned in a number of my past interviews, the militating fact is the shortage in gas supply which we are working on and the good news I would like to mention here is that succor is close to us. Relief is closed to these power plants as the Federal Government with the Federal Ministry of Finance, the Federal Ministry of Budget and Economic Planning, and the Federal Ministry of Power; we have met with the Mr. president and he has mandated us to go and work out how we are going to defray the outstanding debts being owed.", he stated.