Girlfriends: If you crave a soft life, go and meet your daddy and brothers — Phyna

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Hamot Yusuf

Jun 1, 2023
Lagos, Nigeria
20230706_085058.jpg
25-year-old Big Brother Naija 2022 winner, Ijeoma Otabor, widely known as Phyna, has some advice for ladies that are in a relationship.

She said ladies should not expect a guy that hasn't married them to pamper them with his money.

"As a girlfriend, I don't think you should expect soft life, from boy wey never marry you. If soft life dey hungry you, go meet your papa. If soft life dey hungry you, go meet your brothers."

Her statement was followed by a thundering round of applause, mostly from men that were at the gathering.

However, she added that if the man you are dating is able and capable to spoil you with material things, enjoy it.

"But don't expect. Don't impose it. If soft life dey hungry you na 3 things," She advised.

1. Go out there and make your damn money
2. Go to your father
3. Go to your brother

When someone asked, what if a lady does not have a father or a brother to spend on her?

Phyna used herself as an example. She said she has a father and a younger brother that is currently in secondary school. She said that her dad is not a rich man.

Therefore, she falls into the first category she mentioned earlier.

"For me, I get papa. But my papa no too get money as I was growing up. I have a brother, but na last born. He never even commot for JSS. So, I have to go out there and make it."

Phyna later added that she has been hustling since her secondary school days.

While some people agreed with her speech, it didn't sit well with others.

Ladies in the comment section said no wonder men don't take Phyna seriously. Some people said she's saying that because she is bitter with how her recent relationship with Groovy turned out.

One @divine6943 tagged all Phyna said as rubbish. She said a man who cannot take care of you as his girlfriend will not take care of you when you marry him.

"Talking rubbish. Any man that finds it difficult to take care of you as a gf will find it difficult to do so as a wife. It is in a man's nature to take care of what he loves and a woman's nature to expect her man she loves take care of her no matter how independent she is."

She continued by saying a man that truly loves you would take care of you before he propose. She accused Phyna of not dating mature, rich men who treat their girlfriends right.

She also added that Phyna's approach to relationships, is influenced by the type of men she dates. "Obviously, she has been dating upcoming guys who are struggling as she is struggling too. When you left grown mature men guys to date young boys, this is what you get."

Here's a link to access the full gist.