Godwin Emiefiele Responds to Jim Obaze’s Allegations

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Amazin Zion

Mar 1, 2023
Screenshot_20231225-122537_Quick-Grid.jpg

Godwin Emefiele, the former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, has responded to the allegations of stolen funds recently published by the Special Investigator on the CBN and Related Entities.

He talked about all the allegations in a statement on Sunday titled, ‘Re: Emefiele, others stole billions, illegally kept Nigeria’s funds in foreign banks’.

Last week, Jim Obaze, the Special Investigator on the CBN and Related Entities, revealed that Godwin Emefiele, the ex-CBN governor, lodged £543,482,213 in fixed deposits in UK banks alone without authorization from the CBN or the Presidency.

Obaze’s report partly read,
  • The former governor of CBN, Godwin Emefiele, invested Nigeria’s money without authorization in 593 foreign bank accounts in the United States, China, and the United Kingdom while he was in charge.
  • All the accounts where the billions were lodged have all been traced by the investigator.
On Sunday, Emefiele replied to the Special Investigator on the CBN and Related Entities, which said,
  • After my release on bail from the correctional center, Kuje, my attention was drawn to publications released by some mainstream and online news platforms. The sources of the information published by both media houses were credited to a report prepared by Mr. Jim Obazee, whom the President appointed as a private investigator.
  • I have gone through the publications, and I say boldly that the contents of the said publications are false, misleading, and calculated to disparage my person, injure my character, and serve the selfish interest of the private investigator.
  • Because of my present situation, my lawyers have advised me not to say anything about the matters submitted to the court for adjudication.
Read more: https://www.investingport.com/godwin-emiefiele-responds-to-jim-obazes-allegations/