Gov. Wike pays visit to PDP's flagbearer, Atiku, as the party look out for a suitable running mate

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
Apr 29, 2022
images (24).jpeg

Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike visited Atiku Abubakar, the People's Democratic Party's presidential candidate for the 2023 general election, in Abuja on Wednesday evening. Wike's visit coincided with Atiku and the opposition party's search for a suitable Southern ally.

The board of trustees will help the party and certainly Waziri Adamawa (Atiku) himself to find a very acceptable vice president from southern Nigeria, Walid Jibrin, executive director of the PDP, said on Monday.

Atiku, who was also the PDP presidential candidate in 2019, ran alongside Peter Obi, who left the PDP to become the flag-bearer in the 2023 Labor Party presidential election. Frowning, Wednesday's meeting ended on a positive note.

The governor and former vice president smiled in a photo pose after the closed-door meeting, details of which were not yet known at the time of publication. Atiku posted photos of the meeting on his verified social media pages.

images (22).jpeg

"It was my pleasure to receive His Excellency Nyesom Wike at my Residence today in the company of eminent leaders and officials of our main party, the PDP," he said. "I am proud of the promise this spirit of camaraderie holds for our party as a united front in the upcoming elections to save the country."

On Wednesday, Atiku sought the support of his opposition party rivals to challenge the ruling Congress of all progressives in the upcoming election year, to defeat him.

Atiku said his main opponent in Sunday's presidential primaries was the APC, not his companion after receiving the party's certificate of return at the PDP national secretariat at Wadata Plaza in Abuja.

He called on his rivals to join forces with him to destabilize the APC government led by President Muhammadu Buhari (retired) in 2023.