Governor Sanwo-Olu launches Palliative scheme in Lagos state

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Esther A

Jul 28, 2022
Nigeria
Governor Sanwo-Olu launches Palliative scheme in Lagos state

1702891069578.jpeg

The governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has launched a new project in Lagos which is a Palliative scheme. He launched the palliative scheme in Lagos on Sunday, December 17th 2023. The scheme is a Lagos Market Trader Money, and this was initiated to support low-income traders I Lagos state. Governor Babjide Sanwo-Olu is the current governor of Lagos state. He is currently serving in his 2nd term. He was reelected in the 2023 gubernatorial elections. He is serving under the umbrella of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Governor Sanwo-Olu revealed the new scheme in a recent post on Twitter. He first unveiled the project during the unveiling of a middle-level Fresh Food Agro Hub and this was in Mushin area in Lagos state. He then shared the same information on twitter. He revealed that the first phase of the Lagos Market Trader Money will provide a sum of N50,000 as business grants to 15,000 traders. This Money will go to traders across the 57 local councils in Lagos state.

1702891157727.jpeg

In his words "Today, I launched a fresh palliative scheme in Lagos to support low-income traders. The Lagos Market Trader Money in its first phase will provide N50,000 business grants to 15,000 traders across our 57 local councils. This initiative aims to cushion the impact of economic challenges and empower small businesses. I made this announcement at the commissioning of the middle-level Fresh Food Agro Hub in Mushin, expanding our food supply chain. This milestone facility signifies a turning point in Lagos' food distribution system, paving the way for improved logistics and modernization of our markets. The inauguration of the Fresh Food Agro Market in Mushin aligns with our vision for a coordinated food security network. Our roadmap prioritizes boosting food production, processing, and marketing. This facility maximizes storage and offers consumers affordable fresh farm produce. I am grateful for the support and appreciation from traders and community leaders in Mushin. The completion of this market project and the launch of Lagos Market Trader Money is a step towards bettering the lives of our market communities. Together, we'll ensure a thriving and secure market environment for all."

See post below