How Actor RMD changed my life 28 years ago – Comedian AY

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

joseph sunday

Oct 16, 2021
How-Actor-RMD-Changed-my-life-28-years-ago-AY-1536x1075.jpg.webp

Nigerian comedian Ayo Makun, popularly known as AY, shared how he met veteran actor RMD 28 years ago and encouraged him to become an actor.

In the long post shared on Instagram, AY said he met RMD at a motel in Warri, Delta State, and told him about his love and passion for acting.

AY said RMD encouraged him to continue his education outside of his bartending job. He was eventually admitted to Delta State University and had the privilege of inviting RMD to one of their campus shows as a student.

According to AY, his relationship with RMD has found better focus depending on how well he's put on a good show in the past.

He wrote: About 28 years ago I met a great man at the Palm Groove Motel in Warri and told him that one day I would like to become an actor like him. He encouraged me but insisted that in addition to my job as a bartender, I should do some training at the NNPC Junior Staff Club in my hometown.

I eventually got admitted to Delta State University and had the privilege of inviting him to one of my shows on campus much later. The relationship found better focus based on how I put on a good show back then.

Fast forward to 2021 I'm about to release my fourth film as a filmmaker with the same man I approached 28 years ago, and the icing on the cake is that I played in these films with the man I affectionately call OSE.

Today the excitement that my dreams will come true is indescribable in words. Dreams only work when you act. The safest way to make your dreams come true is to live them.

If you want something urgently enough, let this motivation lead you to make it happen. Sometimes you will come across brick walls put up there to test you. Find a way to get around them and focus on your goal. Where there's a will, there's always a way.

So before you see CHRISTMAS IN MIAMI in theaters nationwide starting December 24th, help me celebrate @mofedamijo, the father figure I came with to make acting history in the Guinness World Records.
AY.jpg.webp