How I got the name Buju - BNXN

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Nigerian singer BNXN formerly known as Buju, has revealed how he came about his former stage name Buju.

843F4F78-18F2-4451-B6B0-D05FF141EC76.jpeg

The 26-year old singer revealed this in a recent interview with Kim Oprah on Trending by Hip TV.

BNXN revealed that his former stage name Buju is an acronym for Beauty Underneath Just Understood. He said it originated from a poem he wrote while he was in school.

He said Buju is the native Jamaican name for breadfruit and it is mostly used to refer to chubby or fat kids. Judging by his outward appearance, it related a lot to him so he chose the name.

He mentioned that he decided to change his stage name to BNXN because he wanted something more original and personal to him so he chose his surname Benson.

BNXN said, "I wanted a name that was pertinent to me and my personality and I don't think there's any name to use other than my surname."

Video credit: X @officialhiptv