How I met my husband Adekunle Gold - Simi

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Singer Simi revealed in a recent interview with Beat FM how she met her husband and father of her child Adekunle Gold when she was still a gospel singer.
20230622_114427.jpg

She spoke about how her husband would send her DMs on Facebook and she didn't even see those DMs at the time until they started dating.

She stated, "In the gospel community, I was pretty well known. And he had heard my album at that time as well. He has been reaching out to me on Facebook, DMing me on Facebook. But I didn’t see those DMs until we started dating."

Screenshot_20230704-063722_1.jpg

They eventually met at one of her shows, exchanged pleasantries, and started a conversation. They kicked it off from there and the rest is history.

"I don’t remember how we eventually linked up again. I had a show in Bogobiri, and he turned up. He was very slim at that time with white BYC and jeans. He came to see me perform. I was like, ‘oh hey! He was like, 'oh! I’m such a fan.’ And I was like, okay."

She revealed that they became friends before they started dating and her husband was quite persistent.

"I don’t know, he must have been persistent because there is a friendship that came out from there. I thought he was a really nice guy. We became friends and later that year, he asked me out."

According to Simi, they dated for five years before getting married in 2019.

Simi and Adekunle Gold have been married for four years and they have a 3-year old daughter together.

Screenshot_20230704-063513_1.jpg