How I survived after finding out my husband and best friend would be getting married, lady reveals

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Hamot Yusuf

Jun 1, 2023
Lagos, Nigeria

How I survived after finding out my husband and best friend would be getting married, lady reveals​

A Nigerian Muslim lady took to social media to narrate how she navigated a disappointing moment in her life. This lady identified as @kejibabe013 said that she couldn't believe her ears when her husband told her he would be getting married to another woman in two days. To worsen the matter, he was getting married to a woman she trusted with her life. This woman was her best friend.

@kejibabe013 said she never suspected that her husband was dating another woman, so hearing the news shocked her to the bones. She said she cried her eyes out because she didn't know that her friend, whom she used to leave her kids with, was in an affair with her husband. "How did she survive that moment of betrayal?" you'd ask.

She said that since there was nothing she could do to prevent the marriage from taking place, she immediately diverted her attention and pain to securing a job for herself. She called all her friends and asked if there was any vacancy that they were aware of. After a couple of calls, she was able to get information about a workplace that needed a worker. After a while, she got invited for an interview and fortunately, she was hired.

The second thing she did to deal with being in a polygamous home was to join a support group. @kejibabe013 said that joining a support group has helped her deal with being in a polygamous home and not go insane. Although Islam permits a man to marry more than one woman, she wasn't happy with her husband's decision because she didn't like to share. She advised every woman who finds themselves in a similar situation to focus on themselves during moments like that. To her, finding a job and joining a support group for moral support is the best way to scale through the challenges.