How I went on my knees to beg an influencer to promote my song "Who's Your Guy?" - Spyro

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
spyro.jpeg

Nigerian singer Oluwasanmi Oludipe David popularly known as Spyro reveals how he went on his knees to beg an influencer to promote his hit song "Who's Your Guy".

Spyro revealed that before his song was released, he sought the help of a popular influencer for promotions but he was turned down even after kneeling to beg. Spyro said he even reached out to public figures to assist him but no one responded.

He stated, "All the influencers I constituted a nuisance to, for them to help me, but the help didn’t come from there, I literally knelt for an influencer in front of foodies one day, and I’ll never forget and he still didn’t help me."

He recounted how popular comedian Emmanuel Iwueke aka Craze Clown was the only one who came through for him. He helped him promote his song for free on his platform and even marketed it as if it were his own. He revealed that he met Craze Clown after performing at an event. After exchanging contacts and knowing each other better, he began to make Tiktok videos online with his song.

He said, "He was aggressive with posting to the point that he was making videos more than me, and at some point people thought it was Craze Clown’s song. He didn’t charge a dime to promote my song. I’ll go to his house he will still serve me food."