How Lauryn Hill asked me to perform at her show and I thought it was a scam, Mr Eazi reveals

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Nigerian singer Oluwatosin Ajibade popularly known as Mr Eazi revealed in a recent interview how he thought he was scammed to perform at American singer Lauryn Hill's show.

img_1696776875584_1.jpg

Mr Eazi said his career started when he used to perform at his school Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST). He was always in the studio, people loved his music and they booked him for shows on campus.

Fast forward to 2015/2016, American singer Lauryn Hill reached out to him for a show in Kings Theater, Brooklyn but it felt unreal and he thought it was a scam. He had to go to the American embassy to confirm if it was true because he thought it was a human trafficking syndicate. He said he hadn't even decided to be an artist and he wasn't under any management at the time it happened.

He recalled meeting Lauryn Hill backstage and she told him, "Mr Eazi, I've been looking for you." Mr Eazi said his music career kicked off from there and he is grateful for where he is presently.

Mr Eazi is a Nigerian singer and songwriter born on 19th July 1991. He is the founder of Empawa Africa, a music production and artist management company. He gained recognition with his single Skin Tight with Ghanaian singer Efya. His mixtape Life is Eazi further skyrocketed his musical career.