I almost committed suicide when i was a little boy - Kanayo O. Kanayo. VIDEO

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
Apr 29, 2022
images (17).jpeg

Anayo Modestus Onyekwere, commonly known as Kanayo O Kanayo, a veteran Nollywood actor, has disclosed how he considered suicide as a child.

In a recent interview, the 60-year-old actor discussed his childhood experience of living with a family member.

He claimed he was forced to sell Agidi on the streets of Enugu and that he was forced to sell every last bit of it or face indescribable torture from his brother's wife.

He claimed that the torment had caused him to consider suicide one day while hawking. He admitted that he considered jumping from a bridge into deep water to end his pain, but that he changed his mind.

"When I look back, I sold agidi," he remarked. And my brother's wife, with whom I shared a house in Enugu at the time, was adamant about not knowing your age.

Watch the interview:

"She'd put dozens of agidi on my head, and God help me if I came home with any unsold things after the pounding I'd gotten that day."

If you're familiar with Enugu, you'll recall that I used to sell agidi all the way from New Haven to Abakpa. "

One day, I came to Abakpa bridge as a tiny boy and gazed down into the water, which was about 30 feet deep, and a voice said to me, "Why don't you leap into the water and finish the whole thing?"

I was a tiny child, and I was carrying a hefty object on my head. But I ignored that voice, and fortunately for me, I was able to sell all of the agidi.

I was handed Akamu the next day to sell on the streets. That is one aspect of my tale. I remember digging pit toilets in my hometown of Oboama, Ezinihitte Mbaise, when I was younger.

"Then you must do something to help the family's economy." You now drive your children to school in air-conditioned vehicles. That was not the case when I was alive. I tell myself that I've come a long way when I had to dig a pit latrine just to contribute to my family's economy.