'I am not an emperor to anyone' - Gov. Dapo Abiodun stylishly hits back at Tinubu

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
Apr 29, 2022
images (5).jpeg

On Friday, Governor Dapo Abiodun of Ogun State asserted that he is not an emperor, probably in response to a remark made by Bola Tinubu, the All Progressives Congress's presidential candidate.

Abiodun stated that he is acting in the people of Ogun State's best interests. The governor responded to Tinubu's remark about him by saying that he had vowed to be fair, just, and equal.

He tweeted, "I am not an emperor by any stretch of the imagination, and this is not my family's inheritance."

I am in this position in trust for the people of this state, and I have promised to be fair, just, and equitable; this is the solemn covenant I made with Almighty God.

Abiodun made a dig at Tinubu during a meeting with APC delegates in Abeokuta, Ogun State's capital, yesterday. According to the APC National Leader, Abiodun could not have been Governor of Ogun State without him.

According to Tinubu, Abiodun gained an advantage against then-Governor Ibikunle Amosun, who declined to support Abiodun following the party's primary election ahead of the 2019 general elections due to scandals. Tinubu appears to be dissatisfied with Abiodun's support for Vice President Yemi Osinbajo's presidential bid.

When Osinbajo visited Ogun recently, Abiodun told him that he would support him by playing a key role in his election as Governor of the Gateway State in 2019, adding that he is not an ingrate.

But, addressing the crowd in Abeokuta, Tinubu said the Governor should thank God and him for his election triumph.

"Could this one sitting behind me here have become governor without me?" Tinubu asked, referring to the governor.

They tore up all of his posters when we were at the stadium. They wouldn't even hand over the party flag to him; I was the one who brought it.

"If he wants to meet God in the appropriate spot, he must understand that he would not have become Governor without God and me."