I became homeless after leaving Banky W's record label - Skales

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
In a recent interview with The Beat FM, Nigerian singer Skales recounts his experience after he left Banky W's record label Empire Mates Entertainment (EME).

img_1691567974754_1.jpg

He said he had no house at the time he left the label and he was asked to vacate the one he lived in immediately. He said everything he had ended in one day and he went from enjoying a luxurious life to sleeping in a car.

"When I left EME, I had nothing. Everything just ended in like one day. You go from this star, enjoying a luxurious life to sleeping in a car. As soon as my deal ended, I left the house immediately. They told me to leave the house," He said.

He revealed that all he possessed was a car and an unreleased song in a hard drive. After sleeping in his car for months, he later released the song on SoundCloud without even having any marketing plan or budget.

During that period, he wanted to relocate to another country but later had a change of plans after that song went viral.

skales.jpg

He said, "All I had was a car, a Ford explorer. I was there for a long time and little did I know that I had a song that was going to change my life in my drive.

Months later, I just put out the song. I had no promo, I didn't know what to do. It was just a SoundCloud link. I just uploaded it on SoundCloud and it was just a wildfire.

It was crazy mehn. I didn't even know it was big. I believed it but I gave up because I was trying to 'japa' but I got a call and that was how my life changed. It's just been that kind of story for me all through till now.

Video credit: Twitter @OneJoblessBoy