"I Cannot Create Game," Mikel Arteta Reacts to FA Cup Defeat to Liverpool

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Arsenal's FA Cup hopes ended in the third round as Liverpool came up clutch against the London outfit at Emirates Stadium. Far from the outcome of the game, the Gunners put up an impressive performance against Liverpool. They dominated proceedings from the first half but wasted numerous chances that would have turned the game in their favor.

The first half ended barren with both sides unable to score. Arsenal skipper Martin Odegaard came close to giving the Gunners the lead just before the break but his shot bounced off the goalpost

The game nearly ended barren for a replay but two late goals by Liverpool condemned the Gunners to a defeat in front of their home fans.

Jakub Kiwior mistakenly headed Alexander-Arnold's freekick into his own net to give Liverpool the lead before Luis Diaz clinically finished off a counter by the away side to seal the win.

The Reds have now progress to the next round of the competition while Arsenal have crashed out. With the defeat, Arsenal have now missed out of the FA Cup and EFL Cup. The Gunners' silverware hopes is now hung on the Premier League and Champions League.

"I cannot create game," Mikel Arteta reacts to Liverpool defeat

Mikel Arteta was overly sober in his post-match interview after the loss to Liverpool although he refused to take responsibility for the defeat.

Arteta called on Arsenal fans to continue supporting the team as that is what they need in this difficult time. He also added the result was disappointing but he cannot create a game.

He said;

"I beg with the supporters to stick with the team in this difficult moment. The result was disappointing but what can we do? I cannot create game. The team needs the support of the fans to feel important and supported."

Arsenal will hope to return to winning ways after the loss when they resume Premier League action against Crystal Palace on January 20.