I couldn't tell people that I was Mohbad's mother for fear of kidnap—Mohbad's mother

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Hamot Yusuf

Jun 1, 2023
Lagos, Nigeria
20230922_160301.jpg
During an interview session with the family of the late Nigerian singer Ilerioluwa Oladimeji Aloba, his mother disclosed how she hid her status from people in her environment. She said that Mohbad told her not to tell people that he was her son so she wouldn't get tracked and kidnapped.

She added that she wanted to report to people how boys from the Marlian Records were assaulting her son, but he begged her not to meddle so she wouldn't be killed.

With tears in her eyes, Mohbad's mother said, "When my son did the video shoot of his latest EP, he was beaten. I begged him to call people who could help him. I told him to call Wasiu Ayinde and Pasuma. He said he would call them. I also told him to call MC Oluomo, he said he would call him. The next day, I told him we needed to report all that was happening to the Baale of Ikorodu, but he later declined. He said he doesn't want those harassing him to come after me and kill me."

More heartbreaking revelations were recorded by the TVC newsmen during their interview session with Mohbad's mother. As it stands, his case is still under investigation as the nation awaits the result of the autopsy conducted on the body of the deceased.

That way, those involved in his suspicious death would be brought to book and everyone would get the closure they've been yearning for.

Listen to all she said below.