I did a lot of auditions before I landed the role to host BBNaija - Ebuka

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Nigerian TV host Ebuka Obi-Uchendu has recalled his experience before he started hosting Big Brother Naija revealing that he did a lot of auditions before he landed the role.

Ebuka-at-premiere-BBN-Reunion-Show-2.jpg

He said most people see him and think he started hosting shows in 2017 when Big Brother Naija started airing again. He revealed that he had 11 years before his big break. In the space of 11 years, he went back to school and he also put in the work consistently.

Ebuka revealed that he first started working for Nigeria Television Authority (NTA). He also had another show at LTV 8. He was there for about 4 years before joining EbonyLife Media and Channels TV. He disclosed that he got the call to audition to be BBNaija's host when he was having his first child in the USA with his wife.

After he got back to Nigeria, he went for the audition. He revealed that a week after the audition, he got the job. Prior to BBNaija, he had auditioned for X Factor, Naija Sings, Nigerian Idol, Nigeria's Got Talent but he didn't land the role. "I auditioned for every single one and each time, I'd hear, 'Ebuka, you're actually the best.' and you'll not hear anything again"

Ebuka said with the BBNaija audition, he thought it was going to be another disappointment because he had already lost his chance on The Voice Nigeria before that. Talking about being the host of the biggest reality TV show in Africa, he added, "It felt like I was waiting for this one because it was really the one."