I didn't know Rihanna was real until I met her - Ayra Starr

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
markup_1000003487-770x560.jpg

Grammy-nominated Nigerian singer Oyinkansola Aderibigbe professionally known as Ayra Starr sparks reactions with her recent statement about American singer Rihanna.

Recall that Ayra Starr made an appearance at Rihanna's Fenty Beauty event in London a month ago and by extension, met the billionaire singer for the first time. Ayra Starr had always sang Rihanna's praises and showered admiration on her as a fan and she further expressed in a new interview, what meeting her for the first time felt like.

In a recent interview with News Live Prime, Ayra Starr recalled her moments with Rihanna and how she offered her professional advice the day they met. The 'Rush' crooner said she always thought Rihanna wasn't real until she finally met her in person.

She said, "I just met Rihanna the other day. I didn't think she was real. When I saw her, I was like, 'You're a human being like me.' It was beautiful and amazing just being able to sit down with her and talk about my career. Her giving me advice was the most amazing thing"

Ayra Starr also spoke about her sophomore album 'The Year I Turned 21', to be released on 31st May. She revealed that she had about 15 versions of her hit song 'Commas' before its release. Her recent song 'Bad Vibes' featuring Seyi Vibez was made while she was angry.

Ayra Starr added that her goal is to take her career to the next level as she promised her fans to expect the best from her.