I gained admission last year into Unilag but I moved on due to ASUU strike, Rema says

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Hamot Yusuf

Jun 1, 2023
Lagos, Nigeria

I gained admission last year into Unilag but I moved on due to ASUU strike, Rema says​

290322_Rema_hp.jpg

Nigerian Afrobeats singer Rema revealed the reason he couldn't further his education in Nigeria after he gained admission into the University of Lagos. He confirmed that it was true he gained admission into the prestigious University of Lagos, but he ended up changing his mind after the institution went on an 8-month long strike.

Rema said he had intended to become a part-time student at the University of Lagos, and then pursue his music career on the side. However, the strike made him lose the zeal to further his education, and just had to give up on going to the University. He added how his mother wasn't happy with the decision but she later gave in and allowed him to pursue his career fully.

23-year-old Divine Ikubor is the mastermind behind songs like Dumebi, Calm Down, DND, Charm, Ginger Me, etc. Rema is an in-demand artist who has collaborated with foreign artists in his music albums. His decision to fully pursue his musical career has paid off and he has continued to move higher the ladder of success.

==