I got death threats, Tems speaks on allegedly getting pregnant for rapper Future

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Nigerian songstress Temilade Openiyi popularly known as Tems revealed that she got numerous death threats over her alleged pregnancy for American rapper Future.

230621_CA_InterviewMagazine_Tems_S07_0067.jpg

It all started when Tems was rumored to be pregnant for American rapper Future after she was spotted with a bloated stomach at a Burberry show during London Fashion Week.

In an interview with The Beat FM Lagos, Tems said she didn't realize how serious the pregnancy rumors were until she started getting death threats from people. She stated, "I didn't know it was serious until I started getting messages, death threats saying, 'How dare you? Of all the people in the world. Future really?"

Tems said she has never met Future in person so the rumor is unpalatable. Tems' song "Higher" was sampled on Future's hit song "Wait For You". The song "Wait For You" garnered billions of streams across platforms with Future acknowledging Tems contribution to the success of the song by giving her a bouquet of flowers.

"Wait For You" went on to win a Grammy Award for the Best Melodic Rap Performance at the 2023 Grammy Award giving Tems her first ever Grammy Award as an artist.