I need a break from music, Rema says

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Nigerian singer Divine Ikubor popularly known as Rema has revealed that he needs a break from being a singer.
Rema

While speaking to Rolling Stone, Rema said he has been making music consistently and performing on stages for the past four years so he needs a vacation.

He said, "That vacation is needed. I've been on the road for four years, back to back. Chopping bangers, hopping on stage."

Rema said though he may need a break from music, he doesn't like to stay idle because he has so many plans for evolving his sound. He said he has always been a game changer in the industry. Rema said he knows he has gotten it right with his sound, shows and his personal branding. He further stated that he knows some of his colleagues in the industry have copied his moves.

"Even though some artists will not give me that glory, I know how many people have copied my moves and I'm flattered by it.", he stated.

Rema has had such a great run from the start of his career when he dropped his song "Dumebi" in 2020 which shot him into limelight till now. Rema's growth in the Nigerian music industry has marveled both fans and other artists all over the continent.

Rema Headies Awards 2023

Now referred to as the Prince of Afrobeats, Rema has continued to sell out arenas, gain the hearts of millions of fans across continents while collaborating with top industry giants like Selena Gomez and Chris Brown.

Rema's musical prowess and talent is over the roof. With his genre "Afro Rave", a combination of Arabian and Indian music with a mix of Afrobeats, Rema continues to take the world by storm with his delectable influence in music.