I sold my properties to produce Jagun Jagun - Femi Adebayo

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
In a recent interview with the press, Nollywood actor Femi Adebayo revealed that he sold some of his properties to produce his Netflix movie Jagun Jagun.

maxresdefault-2.jpg
Femi Adebayo disclosed that the warrior's school was built from scratch. He said after building the school up to 60%, they had issues with the owners of the land who said they wanted to take back their land.

He stated, "We built from scratch the warrior school. We were forced with the challenge of purchasing that land, we wanted to own the land. And at a point, we had an agreement and paid for it, but the children of the owner of the land changed their minds about the land sale.

“We built the school halfway when the children who came from Lagos told us to stop. They were ready to destroy all that we built and that held us up for almost a week, going to the Police station and Obas appealing to them and we were told to only shoot there and not buy it.”

He also revealed that the movie Jagun Jagun depicts the life of Nigerian youth and what is happening right now with the government.

He said, "We the youths have a lot to do, we have a major role to play in the society so I was seeing it from that perspective and I wanted to pass that message in an extremely unique way"

When asked by the press how much he spent in producing the movie, he said he cannot say the exact amount because it is a huge budget. He revealed that he used all the money he made from his movie King of Thieves to produce Jagun Jagun.

He wanted a movie that would surpass King of Thieves at all cost so he decided to pool his resources together and make it work, even though it involved selling his properties because he didn't want to seek help from finance houses or individuals.

"Jagun Jagun is a multi-billion naira project and I can’t say the exact amount I spent on it on shooting.

I used the proceeds of Agbeshinkole to produce Jagun Jagun. I was working on not getting funded by finance houses and individuals. At one point, I was out of finance and because I had faith that the project would work, I sold my properties.", he added.

Video credit: Instagram @emiraltyafrica