I took a break from music because it stopped being fun - Laycon

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Winner of the Big Brother Naija Lockdown Season Lekan Agbeleshe, popularly known as Laycon revealed in a recent interview that he took a break from music because it was no longer fun.

Laycon, who has been singing before BBN, dropped an EP before he entered the Big Brother house and in the first week of the show, his songs garnered more streams and his listeners increased due to the positive perception of the people towards him.

Screenshot_20230623-225551_1.jpg

After BBN, he officially launched his music career and he dropped a few songs which made airplay on some radio stations as well.

In an interview with J Malone, he talked about how the drive for singing started, how he continued and how it stopped being fun all of a sudden.

In his words, "To be honest, music has always been fun for me which was another reason why I took a break. It stopped being fun. Ever since I was little, I always loved singing. I just listened to people's music and I want to sing it.

I didn't think about creating mine till when I was maybe 13. I started thinking I could actually just exchange these people's lyrics for mine. I still use their flows and their rhythm but I'm just changing.
That was when I started writing music and when I started singing and started putting out music was like 2012.

My first major project was 2016. The Young, Black, and Gifted EP."

See full video here:

Video credit: @onejoblessboy