I use Portable as an example for my artists, Don Jazzy reveals

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Hamot Yusuf

Jun 1, 2023
Lagos, Nigeria

I use Portable as an example for my artists, Don Jazzy reveals​

1702982043219.png
During a podcast session with the content lovers, Mavin Records boss, Don Jazzy, disclosed how well he has used Portable's story as a reference to relaying information to his signees. He said that nobody knew Portable until Olamide decided to help him. Also, Portable quickly amassed 1 million followers on IG because he kept pushing his brand in people's faces and the algorithm helped him. He added that people who didn't know who Portable was were forced to follow him due to how entertaining he was.

Don Jazzy said he used to tell his signees that it is not enough to show up to drop music once in a while. Success in the music industry requires deliberate consistency and the ability to work on one's personal brand. He believes that Portable's name would have been long forgotten if he hadn't pushed his brand and promoted his music the way he had been doing.
==