I used to sell akara with my mom - Don Jazzy reveals

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Mavin Records label boss Don Jazzy was on the Conditions podcast last week and he recounts some of his childhood memories while growing up.

Screenshot_20230808-090733_1.jpg

He revealed that he was just a small boy who grew up in Ajegunle helping his mother to sell akara. He mentioned that he sometimes feels skeptical about some artists who never stop talking about how they suffered because he understands what suffering truly means.

"I don't really know whether most of the guys that claim they suffered, really suffered. My own is in my head. It's in my head like it was yesterday.

I remember sitting down, my mom was frying akara on a bench in Ajegunle then. Any big man drives past in their Peugeot 504 or Mercedes 230 or whatever.

I remember the thoughts in my head. The man fit just look me say, 'Young boy, take this. I know you need it.' I can relate.", He said.

Screenshot_20230808-090757_1.jpg

He said these experiences have shaped him into becoming who he is today and that is why he always feels a need to help others whenever he has an opportunity to.

Now, when he meets people, that scene of selling akara with his mom replays in his head because he's now in the position to help others and he doesn't hesitate to do it.

He expressed that whenever he meets someone for the first time, he's always thinking about ways to help the person because of his background.

"Now, when I meet people, I'm like, 'this is me' That's why I have a problem with people meeting me and they don't get impacted in any way.", He added.

Video credit: Twitter @OneJoblessBoy