I wanted to quit music when my son died, Davido reveals

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Nigerian singer David Adeleke popularly known as Davido revealed in a recent interview that he wanted to quit music when he lost his son Ifeanyi Adeleke.

20230627_225245.jpg

Davido revealed that he thought he was never going to be able to sing ever again when he lost his son due to how heartbroken he was at the time.

Davido lost his son Ifeanyi Adeleke in October 2022. Ifeanyi Adeleke was confirmed dead after drowning in a swimming pool at his father's house in Banana Island, Lagos.

After the demise of his son, he said he has had his most successful year in his music career and his biggest successful album Timeless which was released in March 2023. To crown it all, he and his wife just welcomed a set of twins, a boy and a girl, in Atlanta a few days ago.

He said, "I was at the point of giving up. I thought I was never going to be able to sing ever again. I told God that I'm not doing this anymore. After that, I've had my most successful year, I've had my biggest album. Three days ago, my wife delivered twins. A beautiful boy and a beautiful girl came back in double."

Davido said even while he was under so much pressure, he still kept faith, continued doing what he loved the most, which is his music, while having the best team by his side. He said his life is a story that he wants people to see and watch.

Davido and his wife Chioma welcomed a set of twins on October 10th in Atlanta USA exactly a year after losing their son Ifeanyi Adeleke in a tragic incident.

Here's a heartwarming video of Davido and Chioma in Atlanta leaving the hospital with their twins: